To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So just do it.

― Kurt Vonnegut

Monday, September 1, 2014

Battle Booty - From Deb

Let me explain the title … I went to the mall shortly after Wade got home from Seton Hospital a few weeks ago on a mission to buy him some jeans that wouldn't fall off his new slim lined frame. (He's lost about 20 pounds you know.)  While at the mall with my friend Robyn (who had joined me for moral support) we dashed through the Nordstrom lingerie department to pick up some new undies for Cate and me. (I apologize. I know this is TMI but there is a reason I'm telling you this. Read on.)

While we were in the lingerie department at Nordstrom, I noticed a table filled with cute new Hanky Panky undie designs and one in particular caught my attention; Camo Hanky Pankys!  I had the thought that I should buy a pair for Cate and me and we would gear up our Battle Booty in support of Wade's battle against this cancer beast.  I told Robyn my idea and she loved it and proceeded to buy a pair for herself in support too.  I shared the idea with a few more friends which resulted in multiple purchases and a distribution plan. (Thanks Robyn, Jennifer and Tiffany.) I started receiving pictures like the ones below from friends that were running around town with their new Battle Booty underwear purchases….




I was on a run yesterday and was praying about how I can best support Wade in this battle we are in.  The thought came to me (with a lot of clarity) that I should blog about my Battle Booty plan in hopes that more of my girlfriends, cousins, nieces, mother and aunts would join Cate and me and gear up with some Battle Booty.  To the more mature women in my life (yes…I'm talking about you mom and my amazing aunts)…you are invited to buy a camo scarf if you can't get your arms around the idea of wearing Hanky Pankys…. I completely understand. Just so you'll know, I believe this idea was divinely inspired, so I think God likes the idea of us wearing camo undies!

The truth is that I've seen Wade both physically and mentally grow stronger and stronger as he receives texts, emails and phone calls with prayers and support from our amazing network of family and friends.  Every little bit is helping him heal.  And… his sense of humor hasn't gone anywhere.  So, to all of the women in our lives, please join Cate and me in wearing some Battle Booty.  

Back to the he clear thought that came to mind on my run yesterday. It was that anyone who participates in Battle Booty or Battle Wear of any type should take a selfie wearing your gear.  OK… please don't take a picture with just your Battle Booty on… Keep your clothes on (although I'm sure Wade would love to see some Battle Booty, we're trying to run a primarily G-rated ship over here).  Just send him a selfie telling him you have your Battle Booty on! Here's his email: wgillham@gmail.com, and here's his cell phone for texts: 512 415-0329.

Below is the link to Camo Battle Booty if you would like to purchase them online:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hanky-panky-hunter-regular-rise-thong/3840992?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=601&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_2_C

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/hanky-panky-hunter-boyshorts/3840550?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=2375500&fashionColor=&resultback=720&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_3_A

Love, Deb

Wade / Dad - We've got on our Battle Booty supporting you all the way!

Cate and Deb with Battle Booty.


1 comment: