To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So just do it.

― Kurt Vonnegut

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Need Some Prayer

I started chemotherapy again the Tuesday before last. It was a very hard week following. I was nauseous and fatigued. I didn’t feel good at all. It was far worse than the previous treatments in terms of after effects. But I made it to the following Tuesday.

That Tuesday, Oct 27, was my birthday. I received the most beautiful cards from Ben, Will, Cate and Debra. Each was so special. I have them here and will put them in a folder for later. I am so fortunate to have a family that loves me.

Then Wednesday rolled around, a week and a day after chemotherapy. My stomach begin to hurt very badly. So badly in fact that I ended up in the ER on Wednesday night with cramps that would just stop me cold.

Seton doctors think it could be a blockage in the small intestine or an infection or, worst case, an adhesion (scar tissue) from my previous surgeries. I got an IV and stopped eating to let the bowel rest and not process any food. I was like that all day Thursday and most of Friday.

I came home Friday night. Doctors recommended a “soft diet” of food that absorbs quickly into the intestines. This includes fish and a few other things. But I am still in a lot of pain.

This is taking a toll on me and my family. We need it to stop. Can you please pray and concentrate on my bowels healing and returning to normal function? I believe we can make a difference, and I am praying and concentrating myself. But more brain power is better. Thank you in advance.


Wade

5 comments:

  1. I am praying for your bowels and looking forward to seeing you in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you man. God is good. My Wadestrong band has never come off. Prayer full force.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you man. God is good. My Wadestrong band has never come off. Prayer full force.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you my brother. Stay strong; you've got many many people staying strong behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Focused prayers dear Wade. Love love love to you.

    ReplyDelete